- Associate Professor, Yale Child Study Center
Areas of Expertise
- Autistic Disorder
- Behavior Therapy
- Tourette Syndrome
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Attention Deficit and Disruptive Behavior Disorders
The efficacy and mechanisms of behavioral treatments for children with neurodevelopmental disorders including Tourette syndrome, autism, anxiety, and disruptive behavior disorders. Dr. Sukhodolsky also has a long-standing interest in anxiety in children with autism, and his lab is currently conducting a study of neural mechanisms of CBT for anxiety in autism.
Ph.D., Hofstra University (1997)
Postdoctoral fellow, Yale University
- Sukhodolsky, D.G., Bloch, M.H., Panza, K.E., & Reichow, B. (2013). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety in children with high-functioning autism: A meta-analysis. Pediatrics, 132(5), e1341-e1350.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G. & Scahill, L. (2012). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for anger and aggression in children and adolescents. New York: Guilford Press.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Landeros-Weisenberger, A., Scahill, L., Leckman, J. F., & Schultz, R.T. (2010) Neuropsychological functioning in children with Tourette Syndrome with and without Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 49. (11):1155–1164.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G, Vitulano, L. A., Carroll, D. H., McGuire, J., Leckman, J. F. & Scahill, L. (2009). Randomized Trial of Anger Control Training for Adolescents with Tourette Syndrome and Disruptive Behavior. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry,48, 413-421
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Scahill, L., Gadow, K. D., Arnold, L. E., Aman, M. G., McDougle, C. J., MacCracken, J. T, Tierney, E., Williams White, S., Lecavalier, L., Vitiello, B. (2008), Parent-Rated Anxiety Symptoms in Children with Pervasive Developmental Disorders: Frequency and Association with Core Autism Symptoms and Cognitive Functioning, Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 36, 117-128.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Leckman, J. F., Rothenberger, A., & Scahill, L. (2007). The role of abnormal neural oscillations in the pathophysiology of co-occurring Tourette Syndrome and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 16 [suppl 1], I/51-I/59.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., & Ruchkin, V. V. (2006). Evidence-based psychosocial treatments in the juvenile justice system. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 15, 501-516.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Rosario-Campos, M. C., Scahill, L., Katsovich, L., Pauls, D.L., Peterson, B.S., King, R.A., Lombroso, P.J., Findley, D.B, & Leckman, J.F. (2005) Adaptive, Emotional and Family Functioning in Children with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder with and without Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. The American Journal of Psychiatry, 162, 1125-1132
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Cardona, L., & Martin, A. (2005). Characterizing aggressive and noncompliant behaviors in a children’s psychiatric inpatient setting. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 36, 177-193.
- K01 career development award, National Institute of Mental Health (2008)
- Obsessive Compulsive Foundation Research Award, Obsessive Compulsive Foundation (2004)
- Frank Andrews Memorial Award, University of Michigan (2003)
- Robert Vane Memorial Scholarship, Hofstra University (2002)
- Tourette Syndrome Association Research Award, Tourette Syndrome Association (2001)